Wednesday, September 17, 2008

UC "home" still covered

A quick thank you to American taxpayers (and Chinese lenders) who have kept my AIG auto insurance intact.

From AP:

In an interview on ABC's "Good Morning America" program Wednesday, former longtime AIG CEO Maurice "Hank" Greenberg was asked whether critics are being fair who say the situation at AIG and the financial markets generally happened because of greed, bad business practices and corruption.

"No, I think it's an unfair appraisal," said Greenberg, who was replaced as CEO three years ago as part of an accounting probe. "You know, there are many things that contributed to this unfortunate episode. After I left the company, all the risk management procedures that we had in place were obviously dismantled. I can't explain that. There's a new board of directors. One should be asking that board of directors what they did and why."

Greenberg said he has lost "my entire net worth. Literally, my entire net worth.'

"Worked 40 years building the greatest insurance company in history, one that everyone in the world envied who was in this industry. I'll get by, but my heart goes out for the thousands and thousands of employees and their families who shareholders and not only in the united states but worldwide. That is a tragedy," he said.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?