Friday, October 09, 2009

Vegetables for the Norwegians!


A Nobel Peace Prize for Obama? It’s hard to know what to call this. A joke? A fraud? A fix? Certainly the last applies, since Obama was no more reasonable a candidate than, say the staff at Unforeseen Contingencies.

Perhaps no one has said it better than Obama himself: "I do not view it as a recognition of my own accomplishments."

This is wise, since he hasn’t any accomplishments that would qualify him for the prize. His primary contribution to world peace seems to be that he isn’t George W. Bush.

I imagine the Nobel Peace Prize Committee offered him the prize only because the title of Emperor of the Universe wasn’t theirs to offer. Well, we at Unforeseen Contingencies. would like to offer to the Nobel Committee the fine tomato pictured at the right. Please come and receive your prize. (Make sure you’re close enough that we can see the whites of your eyes.)

.........................................................................

Posted from Glacier Park International Airport, Montana.

##########################################################################

Update 14 October: The Swedes can't believe it either.

Comments:
A friend pointed out something they found out via the Freakonomics blog...

The nominations were due Feb 1, so he was in office for a grand total of 11 days when he got it.
 
I wish they were Swedes, but unfortunately they are Norwegians...
 
Brian: A fix and a fraud, indeed!

Knud: I've changed my error, and offer you my condolences for being associated with these idiots. I know how it feels, brother; some of my countrymen are Obama cult members too.

Sweden: I apologize for my inadvertent smear on your country.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?