Thursday, June 03, 2010

Yet more on the Hamas flotilla

Unfortunately, I'm currently unable to upload IDF video of the combat on the Mavi Marmara between Hamas supporters and Israeli commandos. But you can find it on this IDF webpage. In the video I've seen, the Hamas supporters repeatedly club downed Israelis using high overhead swings. Eventually one Israeli commando manages to drive some of them off with a paintball gun -- a paintball gun! I watched the video repeatedly, simply astounded that the Israelis would equip their troops with such a useless device. Another Israeli finally uses a handgun (or so it appears) to put a stop to the attacks. It's a chilling and brutal video. I cannot understand why the Israelis were not shooting long before... it was certainly warranted.

All this is by way of introducing this interview from Jerusalem Post with the soldier who was, I presume, one of the men I saw in the video. When he landed on the deck, two Israelis had already been shot, and a third had had his skull fractured. He says, "These were without a doubt terrorists. I could see the murderous rage in their eyes and that they were coming to kill us." His account is well worth reading.

On the other hand, here's the way the pro-Hamas "FreeGaza" group told the story: "Under darkness of night, Israeli commandoes dropped from a helicopter onto the Turkish passenger ship, Mavi Marmara, and began to shoot the moment their feet hit the deck. They fired directly into the crowd of civilians asleep. According to the live video from the ship, two have been killed, and 31 injured. Al Jazeera has just confirmed the numbers.

Streaming video shows the Israeli soldiers shooting at civilians, and our last SPOT beacon said, 'HELP, we are being contacted by the Israelis.'"

I see... so the passengers clubbing the Israelis were asleep. Hard to believe. The video shows FreeGaza is lying.

So far as I can tell, the Free Gaza group is making war on Israel. They are proxies for Iran, Syria, and the rest of those who are working to obliterate Israel. The next ship, the Rachel Corrie (ugh) is en route for Hamas. It has to be stopped. In a sane world, Israel could simply sink the damned thing and not risk any of its troops; unfortunately, we're in a world that's in the grip of dangerous lunatics, and the mainstream media is at their service. "We" at Unforeseen Contingencies wish the Israelis and IDF safety and success in this nightmarish situation.


Keep me as the apple of the eye;
Hide me in the shadow of Your wings
From the wicked who despoil me,
My deadly enemies who surround me.
They have closed their unfeeling heart,
With their mouth they speak proudly.
They have now surrounded us in our steps;
They set their eyes to cast us down to the ground.
He is like a lion that is eager to tear,
And as a young lion lurking in hiding places.
Arise, O LORD, confront him, bring him low;
Deliver my soul from the wicked with Your sword...

Psalm 16: 8-13

Comments:
if you go on like that, you will soon be called a neo-con ;) NV
 
I have been called a neocon,by a commenter on Tom Palmer's blog. It was the week after another commenter there called me a left-wing apologist for the Soviet Union.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?