Thursday, September 06, 2012

A Quick Update

Unforeseen Contingencies is back in action!  I've just completed three weeks of hectic activity, culminating in a cross-country drive from smokey MT to humid PA, where I'll be spending the academic year.  The drive took one week, largely because canine companion Chaos and I dawdled about Michigan's UP for a few days, trail running in the cool and unsmokey air and also summitting Michigan's highpoint, Mt. Arvon (report and photos later).

A sufficient number of people* have asked what I am up to that I'm going to break security protocol and and violate the DiLorenzo Redaction Rules.  (I have it on fairly good authority that he's not currently reading UC anyway and so will take the risk.)  I have a one-year sabbatical from my teaching position at Hillsdale College and will be a visiting scholar at the Institute for Health, Health Care Policy, and Aging Research (IHHCPAR) at Rutgers University.  My research work will concern the effects of reimbursement systems on long run supply of health care, and especially on choices of specialty made by medical students.  I also will finish up another project or two and will do a great deal of reading in general economics.  Since my lovely wife Johanna owns a house in Philadelphia, I'm living here -- instead of living at work and commuting to see each other, we'll be living together and commuting to work...quite a switch!

I expect to soon have some economic and political commentary up, along with an adventure report or two.  Stay tuned!**
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* Umm, one? two?  I seem to recall someone had expressed interest.
** Obscure reference to an ancient technology.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?